Sprouts Farmers Market is accelerating its growth plans for 2017 with at least 11 new locations slated to open across the U.S.
The Arizona-based grocer says it will open 11 new stores in the second quarter, and has plans to grow its footprint by at least 35 locations in 2017.
“As Sprouts continues to grow, we’re deeply invested in enhancing our operations and developing our team members so they can deliver the best experience possible for our guests,” said chief operations officer Dan Sanders in a statement. “Sprouts team members are inspired by the company’s growth and our ‘healthy living for less’ approach to grocery shopping, and we offer tremendous opportunities for career progression, especially in the Southeast."
Sprouts puts a strong focus on natural and organic products at a more affordable price than Whole Foods and other competitors.
The company reported a same store sales increase of 13% in the third quarter ended Oct. 2.
Here's where the 11 new locations will open:
- Arvada, Colo. – 15050 West 64th Avenue
- Colorado Springs, Colo. – 5617 Barnes Road
- Dallas, Texas – 7110 Skillman Street
- Frisco, Texas – 2500 Eldorado Parkway
- Glendora, Calif. – 655 S. Grand Avenue
- Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. – 6753 Carnelian Street
- South Sarasota, Fla. – 8308 S. Tamiami Trail
- South Tampa, Fla. – 1523 S. Dale Mabry Highway
- Tucker, Ga. – 4310 Lavista Road, Suite A200
- Ventura, Calif. – 4870 Telephone Road
- Woodstock, Ga. – 1430 Towne Lake Parkway
Sprouts stores range from 25,000 to 35,000 square feet. The retailer currently operates 252 stores as of Nov. 3. The company has said that its long-term goal is to operate 1,200 stores.