Hispanic format a win for Southeastern Grocers
Southeastern Grocers is continuing to tap the potential of the ethnic shopper by expanding its Hispanic-focused banner.
The company is expanding its Fresco y Más concept to 11 stores throughout South Florida.
According to the retailer, the success of the first six Fresco y Más stores led the company to expand the concept to more stores. Each new Fresco y Más aims to provide an authentic Hispanic grocery store experience with the products and services that meet the needs of each community.
“As Fresco y Más continues to evolve in South Florida, we are meeting the expanding consumer demand of providing more communities with an authentic Hispanic grocery store," said Ian McLeod, President and CEO of Southeastern Grocers. “As we continue to listen and learn from our customers at all of our Fresco y Más locations, we are developing new stores that reflect exactly what our shoppers are looking for. Each store’s new Hispanic-focused product assortment and features, including a full-service Latin butcher shop and new Cocina, are our commitment to providing a shopping experience that reflects the cultural connection we strive to make with our Hispanic customers."
Fresco y Más’ new “Low Price every day” program includes more than 800 popular products that help shoppers save more on the quality items they buy every day, and are easily found in store with distinctive green and yellow arrow signage throughout the store. Prices will be at the same low price for at least 6 months for savings our customers can count on.
New enhancements throughout the new Fresco y Más stores include:
- An all-new, full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom cut meats to better serve our customers.
- Refreshed produce department featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits.
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch.
- New Dollar Zone within the store, where customers can get over 600 everyday essentials for just $1, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty.
- Renovated bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods, including flan, tres leches, croquettes, and custom tres leches cakes, made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites.
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most.
- More than 500 new Hispanic items available across several departments.
- A new custom façade and vibrant yellow colors with bi-lingual signage throughout the store.
The first Fresco y Más store concept was launched in Hialeah, FL in June 2016, followed by five additional stores that opened in December 2016.